Skip to main content

Open Relationships

I decided to talk to a couple who were in an open relationship. They seemed to have settled down and loved doing their thing. and when I say a couple, they have been together for 17 years. Outwardly it seemed like they are fine with it, but as I moved closer, I realised that one of them always feel insecure. Especially when they feel that they are not as fit or good looking as their partner.

When we walked around, it was obvious that the fitter one was hitting on me. He was walking with me, sitting next to me, and I made sure that I give attention to them both. But even then, the other one was visibly feeling left out, while his partner was eyeing his new candy. They seemed to be understanding, but to me it was hard to ignore the insecurities that lured in the other.

Most of the time, in relationships, its quite common that they don't have to be in a level playing field. One of them could be richer, more handsome, more educated, more masculine. In this case, being secure is not easy. With open relationships, there is always that one person who seems to be worried. They enjoy with other men too, but at the end of the day, there is insecurity.

More than that, I saw a helplessness, as if he had no other choice but to accept this lifestlye. He had to choose between his insecurities and his love. He chose the later. It seems romantic, yet somehow putting myself in the other person's shoes. It seems pretty sad, and even frustrating.

Talking about this to a friend that I know, he said that it increases the intimacy between the lovers. Because they see that even though they sleep with others, they always come back, and after a while, you realise that they would stay whatever happens, or whoever comes. It seemed to be so cool. May be its that ultimate form of love where you let the other go for his happiness, and seeing him happy makes you happy. It sounds surreal. Will the other guy ever get committed to you to see you happy? to see you worry less? to share intimacy with you alone? May be not! but then I guess when love gets conditionless, you may rather take to those emotions and live than to loose the person over anything.

As far as I know, I haven't met anyone as such to whom I would accept for an open relationship. Nor, have I met anyone to be committed to me for my peace of mind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a time

It's been so long since I wrote. But then when I see people read my blog, and say how much they relate. It compels me to write more. I thought that I don't have much to write anymore. Same old issues, same old stories. I even didn't want to write thinking that the issues I mentioned would probably dilute the matter with too many posts. But then I write today because something recently struck me hard. A conversation with a love interest who is looking for a partner, realized that I talked a lot about my previous love .Which I didn't know was so obvious. But I clearly didn't move on. After may be discussing for a whole hour, he asked if I am looking for a lover or a partner? Because you don't have much time until you spend time loving someone who may never be your partner. That's when I realized that I for all these years, haven't had a proper romance, and I am already out of that age. I am old enough to settle down and look for a partner, instead of

Walk of Shame

usually walk of shame happens when you have had sex with a total stranger, and you just regret to have done that while getting back home in the morning. But, to me it was different. Some few months back, I met this guy, he was really smart. well behaved and very talented. Mind you, I didn't meet him on any apps, but for work. Everytime he comes to work, he gives special attention to me, while other men "see", he "watches" me. While other man just touch, he "feels" me. He used to openly make it clear that he is there to see me and me only. I used to feel so special. But I never had the guts to reciprocate. Partly because the reputation he has for being a player. he is extremely smart, very soft spoken and has that charm. Girls fall for him so easy. I used act like I don't like him, but all my peers started noticing the attention I get from him. He talks only to me, the way he looks at me, how closely he stands, how he gets pissed if I have a figh

Being Married

When you really connect with someone who is going to get married and has a fiance, and he says "if only had we met before", isn't something you just take. I was adviced by more than couple of gay friends and Bi friends who said that Gay relationships are not trust worthy, that you should get married and settled down with a girl. At this juncture in life, marriage is a long way to go, yet, those of you who like you, love you and care for you being married or engaged doesn't give a great feeling about it. Things that I feel when a gay guy gets married. Its a Sham - A couple of guys have approached me that I be their "partner", while they are married. I honestly felt bad for the girl. While she exclusively loves him and waits for him to give her attention, he goes around with guys or a guy, to quench his thirst, sexually or otherwise. Being taken for granted - It feels like that one guy is taking the girl for granted, that she deserves only this and no