Skip to main content

Dating Older Men

Most the apps prefer dating older men. Including me, I would dated someone younger but I preer someone older as I feel that they are in my wavelength. But may be most people prefer for few the these reasons which I think you can relate to.

Feeling of being protected -

Sometimes we end up being a "grown up" all the time that you like it when someone else take that space. You feel like there is some one elder to you and that gives you a safe space. Whether they are really that way, is something to debate on, but being an indian, you end up giving them the due respect anyway. When someone elder to you is soft and nice to you, you feel special, and enjoy that feeling of being taken care of.

Settled Financially -

Sometimes, when you date someone younger, and you as young as you are, you have to make sure that you have enough for going out. But older men, most of them, are financially settled and you can simply be sure that if you are a bit less of cash, they can cover for you sometimes. Older men usually have their own place where you can spend time with them, while most of the younger guys are with family and friends. If you are someone who likes to be driven around, they naturally take up the seat. I think when I was dating this guy, I was driving my car, rather bad, and he pretty much asked me to give the wheels to him and made a remark "you are such a kid" and smirked.

Testosterone -

If you wonder why you just end up falling for a pot bellied middle ages man who look nothing like john Abraham, may be its because he is single and pumps out a lot of testosterone, as a nature's way of making sure he gets laid and makes offspring. If you are gay, you would naturally be attracted to the testosterone and the other phermones that he secretes. As men, we need it and get naturally attracted to it.

Mental Substance -

There are a few young guys who are sensible, but the older ones have a lot of experience, and know who to act. These well spoken older guys would even give you timely advice and give you important ideas, which would be of great substance. In fact, while you date someone younger, you would see that their inclinations are very shallow, but those of the older guys is so much deeper, and sensible. More than mental substance, they have mental stability. Which you, as a youngster with all those surging hormones don't have.

Responsibility -

If you are dating someone older, they naturally take responsibility for you. They make sure that you are okay, they do whatever they can to help you out. Especially if you date someone, who is single and older, and monogamous (or not) while you are with them, they take responsibility over you. Even though you are not a child to be having a baby sitter, when you see that they take up that space, makes you feel more comfortable.

Emotional Stability -

I think the younger guys these days seem to e equally stable, from afar, but the older ones tend to be more stable up close. Having seen the gay world,a dncoming in terms with it, they tend to be a lot more clear emotionally. They don;t attach themselves too much and when you do such things, they understand, because they have gone through the same. Sometimes, they empathize with you, and care for you that you shouldn't go for the same.

Independence -

Although with work and family commitments, the independence isnt much, But those who are single have more chances of taking their own decisions. They are much more independent as to where they want to go, what they want to do, whom they want to be, and whom they want to be with. This Independence is missing with the younger crowd, as they have to depend at least financially and socially with their parents.

There could be more, but I think this givesreasons for the emotional, social, biological and mental preference for someone older to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a time

It's been so long since I wrote. But then when I see people read my blog, and say how much they relate. It compels me to write more. I thought that I don't have much to write anymore. Same old issues, same old stories. I even didn't want to write thinking that the issues I mentioned would probably dilute the matter with too many posts. But then I write today because something recently struck me hard. A conversation with a love interest who is looking for a partner, realized that I talked a lot about my previous love .Which I didn't know was so obvious. But I clearly didn't move on. After may be discussing for a whole hour, he asked if I am looking for a lover or a partner? Because you don't have much time until you spend time loving someone who may never be your partner. That's when I realized that I for all these years, haven't had a proper romance, and I am already out of that age. I am old enough to settle down and look for a partner, instead of

Walk of Shame

usually walk of shame happens when you have had sex with a total stranger, and you just regret to have done that while getting back home in the morning. But, to me it was different. Some few months back, I met this guy, he was really smart. well behaved and very talented. Mind you, I didn't meet him on any apps, but for work. Everytime he comes to work, he gives special attention to me, while other men "see", he "watches" me. While other man just touch, he "feels" me. He used to openly make it clear that he is there to see me and me only. I used to feel so special. But I never had the guts to reciprocate. Partly because the reputation he has for being a player. he is extremely smart, very soft spoken and has that charm. Girls fall for him so easy. I used act like I don't like him, but all my peers started noticing the attention I get from him. He talks only to me, the way he looks at me, how closely he stands, how he gets pissed if I have a figh

Being Married

When you really connect with someone who is going to get married and has a fiance, and he says "if only had we met before", isn't something you just take. I was adviced by more than couple of gay friends and Bi friends who said that Gay relationships are not trust worthy, that you should get married and settled down with a girl. At this juncture in life, marriage is a long way to go, yet, those of you who like you, love you and care for you being married or engaged doesn't give a great feeling about it. Things that I feel when a gay guy gets married. Its a Sham - A couple of guys have approached me that I be their "partner", while they are married. I honestly felt bad for the girl. While she exclusively loves him and waits for him to give her attention, he goes around with guys or a guy, to quench his thirst, sexually or otherwise. Being taken for granted - It feels like that one guy is taking the girl for granted, that she deserves only this and no