Skip to main content

Millennials and Gay Romance

Of all the time, this is the best time to that gay men are exposed to each other with enough privacy in the social media. From the time where there were smaller online forums to meet gay men, now we have apps and wide range of people. But Millennials face other problems that comes against their gay romance, which is as real as it gets

Time -

Millennials have very less time (at least the successful ones), and they can spend very less time for going out or getting to know a person. They would rather have sex and get done with their urges, and get on with their work than to take their time to hang out with one person, or keep an engaging conversation with someone you are interested with. The Shift systems in the corporate world and time-line difference in long distant relationships. Lets not forget how tired we get after a full day's work.The connection is there, but the timing is off.

Place - 

Millennials unlike our generations before are forced to live with parents until they are 30 or more. The younger lot huddle up with their peers in apartments, to whom they are not out. Place, is not only for the sex, but also to get to know a person or spend time with one.

Distance - 

With many websites and apps to connect to those far away, the distance can kill relationships. While there is a connection and there are ways to connect. The lack of physical connections lead to break ups. There is always fresh faces going around your locality and you seek to someone close by. With growing instances of cheating, it is hard to keep track of someone who is away from you. sometimes, even in the same city, you can't meet up cose both are tired and cant get a cab.

Money -

Millennials work to study, or study for work. Most of them are not settles until they are in the early 30s. some even after. With the "high life" that we are used to, sometimes we even end up borrowing from our parents to get through a few times. Most of them stay at different cities with cabs as the only mode of transportation. Even splurge of any kind with your partner isn't exactly happening because you end up being in a tight spot, almost broke from just buying decent clothes. Also, if you are from a metro, you have to pay enough for a fancy dinner. Especially if you are romantic, who wants to give gifts and take your partner out, may be you have to wait for a while until you settle down.

Body image -

With growing number of men with a great body, and the kind of attention they get (or the lack of attention if not), you kind of have body image issues. with the little time we get, we have to spend time in a day at the gym to work on your physique. Even though you have a good "heart" or "mind", initial interaction is totally based on the body, and we have so many "types" that its hard to keep up with it. With the growing obsessions to abs and muscles, millennials who don't , can;t keep up the game.

Loose morales - 

Relationships take a lot of effort, commitment and sacrifice. Mutual understanding and trust is important in any kind of relationship. But lets face it. Millennials have a loose morale fiber. We can sleep around and cheating had become very common. With the options that is available to us, and the lack of real intimacy, it is hard for millennials to get committed. Especially when the other factors don;t let others to connect, out of sheer desperation we end up looking for someone else.

Millennials seem to be at a far better place to sexually explore and it seems interesting. But to settle down with someone for a relationship and for a proper romantic connection, we would need the time, space and intimacy. Let's hope that we reach a better place to explore our romantic quotient, in the future.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a time

It's been so long since I wrote. But then when I see people read my blog, and say how much they relate. It compels me to write more. I thought that I don't have much to write anymore. Same old issues, same old stories. I even didn't want to write thinking that the issues I mentioned would probably dilute the matter with too many posts. But then I write today because something recently struck me hard. A conversation with a love interest who is looking for a partner, realized that I talked a lot about my previous love .Which I didn't know was so obvious. But I clearly didn't move on. After may be discussing for a whole hour, he asked if I am looking for a lover or a partner? Because you don't have much time until you spend time loving someone who may never be your partner. That's when I realized that I for all these years, haven't had a proper romance, and I am already out of that age. I am old enough to settle down and look for a partner, instead of

Walk of Shame

usually walk of shame happens when you have had sex with a total stranger, and you just regret to have done that while getting back home in the morning. But, to me it was different. Some few months back, I met this guy, he was really smart. well behaved and very talented. Mind you, I didn't meet him on any apps, but for work. Everytime he comes to work, he gives special attention to me, while other men "see", he "watches" me. While other man just touch, he "feels" me. He used to openly make it clear that he is there to see me and me only. I used to feel so special. But I never had the guts to reciprocate. Partly because the reputation he has for being a player. he is extremely smart, very soft spoken and has that charm. Girls fall for him so easy. I used act like I don't like him, but all my peers started noticing the attention I get from him. He talks only to me, the way he looks at me, how closely he stands, how he gets pissed if I have a figh

Being Married

When you really connect with someone who is going to get married and has a fiance, and he says "if only had we met before", isn't something you just take. I was adviced by more than couple of gay friends and Bi friends who said that Gay relationships are not trust worthy, that you should get married and settled down with a girl. At this juncture in life, marriage is a long way to go, yet, those of you who like you, love you and care for you being married or engaged doesn't give a great feeling about it. Things that I feel when a gay guy gets married. Its a Sham - A couple of guys have approached me that I be their "partner", while they are married. I honestly felt bad for the girl. While she exclusively loves him and waits for him to give her attention, he goes around with guys or a guy, to quench his thirst, sexually or otherwise. Being taken for granted - It feels like that one guy is taking the girl for granted, that she deserves only this and no