Skip to main content

Recognition

When I started this blog, I had hardly any readers. I didn;t mind. I didn't write it for recognition. Seeing, my blog, a dear friend of mine said that I should show it to some Gay magazines. And so I did, just a try. Fortunately, the editor accepted that my posts as the "Caped Crusader" be published. I worried at times, that my posts hardly got any response. Not much comments, not much mails. Now, it was my mistake to compare the response I received, as a former "Gay Erotica" writer. I used to open my mail to see at least five mails (sometimes I get even today). Am I proud of it? Well, I feel like the Gay version of Sunny Leone, I am not particularly ashamed of it, nor am I gonna flaunt it out.

But the real recognition that I got was in the land of Qupids. As I went through my timeline, I saw a post from Gaylaxy, that was shared, the topic was familiar, and then I realized that it was my article!. It was a bitter sweet moment for me. The fact that my article is being shared around and people are actually reading it! and also that its a news that I cannot share with anyone close, not my parents, not my friends, infact those in the group wouldn't know who I am.

I shared it with a few of those who know its me. I felt like I should shout out to the world that my thoughts are being recognized, that my writing is being shared. It gives a kind of happiness that I feel recognized, and for all the right reasons.

When I started the blog, I felt like a looser. But now, I feel that my presence in this world mean something. The fact that I like men, had some purpose. If my words give someone hope or resilience, I don't think anything else matters. Even if one person takes what I give objectively, starts to be empathetic towards each other, raises their voice against those who use and abuse, I think that recognition would give me a satisfaction, a purpose, a reason for my words. A prime source of validation from my blog.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a time

It's been so long since I wrote. But then when I see people read my blog, and say how much they relate. It compels me to write more. I thought that I don't have much to write anymore. Same old issues, same old stories. I even didn't want to write thinking that the issues I mentioned would probably dilute the matter with too many posts. But then I write today because something recently struck me hard. A conversation with a love interest who is looking for a partner, realized that I talked a lot about my previous love .Which I didn't know was so obvious. But I clearly didn't move on. After may be discussing for a whole hour, he asked if I am looking for a lover or a partner? Because you don't have much time until you spend time loving someone who may never be your partner. That's when I realized that I for all these years, haven't had a proper romance, and I am already out of that age. I am old enough to settle down and look for a partner, instead of

Walk of Shame

usually walk of shame happens when you have had sex with a total stranger, and you just regret to have done that while getting back home in the morning. But, to me it was different. Some few months back, I met this guy, he was really smart. well behaved and very talented. Mind you, I didn't meet him on any apps, but for work. Everytime he comes to work, he gives special attention to me, while other men "see", he "watches" me. While other man just touch, he "feels" me. He used to openly make it clear that he is there to see me and me only. I used to feel so special. But I never had the guts to reciprocate. Partly because the reputation he has for being a player. he is extremely smart, very soft spoken and has that charm. Girls fall for him so easy. I used act like I don't like him, but all my peers started noticing the attention I get from him. He talks only to me, the way he looks at me, how closely he stands, how he gets pissed if I have a figh

Shallow Shallow world

I must say that I honestly got into fitness because I got rejected from them all when I was young. How much ever I believed in love, I realized that at the end of the day in the gay world looks speak volume. From a fat ugly potato I trained. From a nerdy guy that I was I got into modelling. It was just recently that for a show I had to wear a loosely clad dhoti,and all those guys who used to  ignore me, especially this one accountant guy, who travels a lot, he and I used to text initially and then he seemed to be busy with all the other guys. Just after this, he starts to text and tell me that he is keen to meet. Well, not just him, there were many others who seemed to be behind, showing more interest. I remember how I kinda rejected to go behind these men who seem to be "hot" but extremely shallow, I wanted someone who would enjoy my company for who I am. Who would listen to what I think of the world, who would know my likes and dislikes. Who would want to spend time wi