Skip to main content

The real success?

One of my open friend had shared about his life and its happenings in one of the radio programs and He shared its write up to me. He had been open at the age of sixteen and had gone through many hurdles. Rite now he is around 24, single. Goes to parties every week end and has casual sex. Now there are other guys I know who have been open, and lead the same life style at various ages. But that is when I realized that I do not want a lifestyle like that. It is not him who doesn't want to settle down, but the fact that he is happy with those random guys, in plenty, who flirt with him and want to sleep with him, is a place I wish I never go. I say this not in a judgmental way, but out of care and agony.

As I read through the lines, the similar situations were many more. Those guys who have been taunted at school and those who had to come out at a young age. Sexual taken advantage of, and end up accepting that as their fate. They flirt with many, they fall for some, some fall for them, they dont accept. In that interview, he gave out a positive side, posed as if everything is okay, but I know that he is not.

On the other hand, I met a guy for coffee. Very interesting story of his. A Bottom, who is married with two kids, has an open relationship with two other married men. He has a family that he loves, and he is closeted to them. His "Boy friends" are known as his "Close friends" to whom he talks to every day at office. And he manages to keep the romance alive with both.

Now I see, an openly gay guy, who doesn't have anyone to call as his (not just one, quiet a few I have seen), and then I see a closeted gay man, who is married for the sake of it, lives a normal life, with ample romance for two guys. I don't know which is the real success here. The guy who is open yet lonely, or the one who pretends and has two guys to be with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a time

It's been so long since I wrote. But then when I see people read my blog, and say how much they relate. It compels me to write more. I thought that I don't have much to write anymore. Same old issues, same old stories. I even didn't want to write thinking that the issues I mentioned would probably dilute the matter with too many posts. But then I write today because something recently struck me hard. A conversation with a love interest who is looking for a partner, realized that I talked a lot about my previous love .Which I didn't know was so obvious. But I clearly didn't move on. After may be discussing for a whole hour, he asked if I am looking for a lover or a partner? Because you don't have much time until you spend time loving someone who may never be your partner. That's when I realized that I for all these years, haven't had a proper romance, and I am already out of that age. I am old enough to settle down and look for a partner, instead of

Walk of Shame

usually walk of shame happens when you have had sex with a total stranger, and you just regret to have done that while getting back home in the morning. But, to me it was different. Some few months back, I met this guy, he was really smart. well behaved and very talented. Mind you, I didn't meet him on any apps, but for work. Everytime he comes to work, he gives special attention to me, while other men "see", he "watches" me. While other man just touch, he "feels" me. He used to openly make it clear that he is there to see me and me only. I used to feel so special. But I never had the guts to reciprocate. Partly because the reputation he has for being a player. he is extremely smart, very soft spoken and has that charm. Girls fall for him so easy. I used act like I don't like him, but all my peers started noticing the attention I get from him. He talks only to me, the way he looks at me, how closely he stands, how he gets pissed if I have a figh

Being Married

When you really connect with someone who is going to get married and has a fiance, and he says "if only had we met before", isn't something you just take. I was adviced by more than couple of gay friends and Bi friends who said that Gay relationships are not trust worthy, that you should get married and settled down with a girl. At this juncture in life, marriage is a long way to go, yet, those of you who like you, love you and care for you being married or engaged doesn't give a great feeling about it. Things that I feel when a gay guy gets married. Its a Sham - A couple of guys have approached me that I be their "partner", while they are married. I honestly felt bad for the girl. While she exclusively loves him and waits for him to give her attention, he goes around with guys or a guy, to quench his thirst, sexually or otherwise. Being taken for granted - It feels like that one guy is taking the girl for granted, that she deserves only this and no