Skip to main content

Apathy

A man had died. A fellow gay man, you all ,may never know him, you all may have never heard of him, and not likely to hear of him again. He killed himself, and we all may say its due to depression, may be its apathy. He was cheated! by a guy he was very much fond of. Their story starts one and a half years back, when he was happily committed to a guy, and this old pal and him were just friends. My old pal had ways to make a conversation interesting, by exchanging information among people, what he learns from one he says to another, and then there is google. He got cozy only to leave him for another man.

He fell for the old pal who was "nice" to him. It made sense, "who cares about how he treats others, who cares if he showed no remorse? as long as he is nice to him". He fell, so bad. But my old pal had found others to comfort, leaving him alone and cold to fend for himself, my old pal warmed up to his new "friends". Btw, Happy Birthday!

A revenge was taken, for which he became a villian, but my old pal had friends for he was  "nice". They "liked" him for it. But what was shown, may be at a point even from him was "apathy". The ones who protected my old pal when he was struck and played the victim, was struck with nothing but apathy, when they told me about his demise.

Terrorism is not shooting a lot with fire, but showing no remorse when done something wrong, when reconciliation was done to impress and not from the heart. When the dreams and aspirations of one is tarnished for another. Terrorism is when you can emotionally puncture a person fair and square and be "liked" and "celebrated" nevertheless.

and this, we must see, that those who cared for the old pal, had shown apathy to the fallen. Why this hypocrisy? because he wasn't "nice" to you? or because they didn't "like" him? I believe that the only way this could be given justice is if they all leave my old pal to fend for himself the same way the fallen had to. To know the agony of being taken for granted and left alone. Yet, we live in a hypocritical world where they plan for a future in the ashes of the doomed. Apathy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a time

It's been so long since I wrote. But then when I see people read my blog, and say how much they relate. It compels me to write more. I thought that I don't have much to write anymore. Same old issues, same old stories. I even didn't want to write thinking that the issues I mentioned would probably dilute the matter with too many posts. But then I write today because something recently struck me hard. A conversation with a love interest who is looking for a partner, realized that I talked a lot about my previous love .Which I didn't know was so obvious. But I clearly didn't move on. After may be discussing for a whole hour, he asked if I am looking for a lover or a partner? Because you don't have much time until you spend time loving someone who may never be your partner. That's when I realized that I for all these years, haven't had a proper romance, and I am already out of that age. I am old enough to settle down and look for a partner, instead of

Walk of Shame

usually walk of shame happens when you have had sex with a total stranger, and you just regret to have done that while getting back home in the morning. But, to me it was different. Some few months back, I met this guy, he was really smart. well behaved and very talented. Mind you, I didn't meet him on any apps, but for work. Everytime he comes to work, he gives special attention to me, while other men "see", he "watches" me. While other man just touch, he "feels" me. He used to openly make it clear that he is there to see me and me only. I used to feel so special. But I never had the guts to reciprocate. Partly because the reputation he has for being a player. he is extremely smart, very soft spoken and has that charm. Girls fall for him so easy. I used act like I don't like him, but all my peers started noticing the attention I get from him. He talks only to me, the way he looks at me, how closely he stands, how he gets pissed if I have a figh

Being Married

When you really connect with someone who is going to get married and has a fiance, and he says "if only had we met before", isn't something you just take. I was adviced by more than couple of gay friends and Bi friends who said that Gay relationships are not trust worthy, that you should get married and settled down with a girl. At this juncture in life, marriage is a long way to go, yet, those of you who like you, love you and care for you being married or engaged doesn't give a great feeling about it. Things that I feel when a gay guy gets married. Its a Sham - A couple of guys have approached me that I be their "partner", while they are married. I honestly felt bad for the girl. While she exclusively loves him and waits for him to give her attention, he goes around with guys or a guy, to quench his thirst, sexually or otherwise. Being taken for granted - It feels like that one guy is taking the girl for granted, that she deserves only this and no