Skip to main content

Gay men and emotions

Gay men I have encountered have one thing in common. They seem to be emotionally very strong. You go to a gay pub and listen to your friend tell you stories of each guy dancing there. The one who is a "man" on weekdays, becomes a women in the pub to the guy who broke up with from a seven year relationship. to a guy who ended up being rejected by his best friend, the list goes on.

Some men who came out and faced issues around, some men who are closeted and apprehensive, and many seeking love, and a few who lost love. They all dance like there is no tomorrow. All these men, I see, "talk" like they own up their emotions. They claim to be "strong" and "happy", but the pain, ache that I see in their eyes, and how they fall so easily for a man made me wonder if they are actually ever emotionally strong.

Gay men, as I know this guy, who claims to be very "strong" and believes in detached attachment, I wondered if he is really emotionally strong. He had gone through a lot in life and managed to be successful nevertheless. He claimed to handle his emotions and that he can take himself out if faced with an issue effortlessly. It was all nice to hear. But to fall for a guy in a month's time, and think of a future with him even after knowing his deeds, and trying to protect him, was a cry of desperation.

In another case, a guy I know had told me that he had lived by himself for almost four years and he can be that way, and that it doesn't bother him. But the truth that I saw by what they "did" was completely different. Emotionally independent "strong" men, don't "fall" for guys in a day, they take their time, and they take their space. They can easily "leave" a guy when injustice is done to someone else, and don't wait or protect until they personally are subject to hurt. The truth was simple, behind the mask of "strength", I saw vulnerable children looking for love. They wanted to hold on to the mirages of men, and this, I saw in similar other cases.

Transgenders telling their stories of struggle and success, gay men giving out "lectures" on strength, it was heavy for me, when I picked up that they are just "mentally" strong, but emotionally weak. How do you differentiate? they "say" they are "Independent", "Detached", "Ruthless", but what they "are" would be "easily taken advantage of", "Desperate for love" and "naive", which is evidenced by their actions.

I wish one day that I see real independence emotionally and mentally, where they walk the talk, where they become self sufficient out of their will and not out of their force, where they truly "feel" detached attachment, and not just tell themselves from time to time to themselves because that gets them through the night.

Having said that, I have seen some gay couples, which have transcended this, and have actually lived a "dependent" life with each other, and have accepted their vulnerabilities and been authentic to find the right pair. May be those small vulnerable moments let out in the start and being authentic might attract the right guys, and it saves them from further emotional scars. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a time

It's been so long since I wrote. But then when I see people read my blog, and say how much they relate. It compels me to write more. I thought that I don't have much to write anymore. Same old issues, same old stories. I even didn't want to write thinking that the issues I mentioned would probably dilute the matter with too many posts. But then I write today because something recently struck me hard. A conversation with a love interest who is looking for a partner, realized that I talked a lot about my previous love .Which I didn't know was so obvious. But I clearly didn't move on. After may be discussing for a whole hour, he asked if I am looking for a lover or a partner? Because you don't have much time until you spend time loving someone who may never be your partner. That's when I realized that I for all these years, haven't had a proper romance, and I am already out of that age. I am old enough to settle down and look for a partner, instead of

Walk of Shame

usually walk of shame happens when you have had sex with a total stranger, and you just regret to have done that while getting back home in the morning. But, to me it was different. Some few months back, I met this guy, he was really smart. well behaved and very talented. Mind you, I didn't meet him on any apps, but for work. Everytime he comes to work, he gives special attention to me, while other men "see", he "watches" me. While other man just touch, he "feels" me. He used to openly make it clear that he is there to see me and me only. I used to feel so special. But I never had the guts to reciprocate. Partly because the reputation he has for being a player. he is extremely smart, very soft spoken and has that charm. Girls fall for him so easy. I used act like I don't like him, but all my peers started noticing the attention I get from him. He talks only to me, the way he looks at me, how closely he stands, how he gets pissed if I have a figh

Being Married

When you really connect with someone who is going to get married and has a fiance, and he says "if only had we met before", isn't something you just take. I was adviced by more than couple of gay friends and Bi friends who said that Gay relationships are not trust worthy, that you should get married and settled down with a girl. At this juncture in life, marriage is a long way to go, yet, those of you who like you, love you and care for you being married or engaged doesn't give a great feeling about it. Things that I feel when a gay guy gets married. Its a Sham - A couple of guys have approached me that I be their "partner", while they are married. I honestly felt bad for the girl. While she exclusively loves him and waits for him to give her attention, he goes around with guys or a guy, to quench his thirst, sexually or otherwise. Being taken for granted - It feels like that one guy is taking the girl for granted, that she deserves only this and no