Skip to main content

Exclusivity

Exclusivity is one dynamics in Gay relationships that seem to have taken a step back. Mainly because it seems to be hetero normative. Even then I have a huge fascination for it. When I see a straight couple romance so openly, where the guy and girl are celebrated for the "couple" they are. Where the people around them are like "Hey, she is his girl friend", or "They are a cute couple". Recently I saw how my brother would share every video of his fiance's performance. It was a cute gesture, because I have never seen him do that before!

You also see how when there is a couple in the group, you give them a private space. They can just go with each other in a group and others wouldn't bat an eye. The way they can just hold hands and walk in front of everyone. They get to sit next to each other. They walk together all the time, side by side, and no one would come between them.

Even if they are not near each other, its a given that they are a couple. Even if she is with her friends and he is with his, they all know that they are each other's. Its funny how they congratulate the guy, if the girl achieves something, and they go talk to the girl, if the guy has an issue. Its beautiful. They are two people but the world simply sees them as one.

Keeping aside how others perceive, I have briefly had the feeling of "exclusivity", where the feeling that there is someone who is "yours", and there is someone to lean on, and be a support to, is something I miss the most. The small gestures that they specially do to each other, that no one in the world would be able to get!

I am envious of those straight couples, they travel the world together. they have all the privacy they want. They get the best of each other. Even them complaining about their partner is cute!. How they just look at each other, how they hold each other, and when being in the arms of the other person, you realize that you are emotionally connected to someone and you would do things to that person what you wouldn't do to anyone else. A harmonious surrender, a wholesome communion.

Trust me, if only exclusivity was just not something to do with "Bed". But sharing your body, your heart, your dreams, your aspirations, your insecurities, your imperfections and your life, to one person. Its a dream of many! and also their nightmare! cose once you have a taste of it, you want it even more, but then we are always in denial, as we may not be able to withstand the hurt. we end up believing that exclusivity is no for us. I might be naive to think this way, but I would keep it close to my heart. The memories of what had happened, and the dreams of what could have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a time

It's been so long since I wrote. But then when I see people read my blog, and say how much they relate. It compels me to write more. I thought that I don't have much to write anymore. Same old issues, same old stories. I even didn't want to write thinking that the issues I mentioned would probably dilute the matter with too many posts. But then I write today because something recently struck me hard. A conversation with a love interest who is looking for a partner, realized that I talked a lot about my previous love .Which I didn't know was so obvious. But I clearly didn't move on. After may be discussing for a whole hour, he asked if I am looking for a lover or a partner? Because you don't have much time until you spend time loving someone who may never be your partner. That's when I realized that I for all these years, haven't had a proper romance, and I am already out of that age. I am old enough to settle down and look for a partner, instead of

Walk of Shame

usually walk of shame happens when you have had sex with a total stranger, and you just regret to have done that while getting back home in the morning. But, to me it was different. Some few months back, I met this guy, he was really smart. well behaved and very talented. Mind you, I didn't meet him on any apps, but for work. Everytime he comes to work, he gives special attention to me, while other men "see", he "watches" me. While other man just touch, he "feels" me. He used to openly make it clear that he is there to see me and me only. I used to feel so special. But I never had the guts to reciprocate. Partly because the reputation he has for being a player. he is extremely smart, very soft spoken and has that charm. Girls fall for him so easy. I used act like I don't like him, but all my peers started noticing the attention I get from him. He talks only to me, the way he looks at me, how closely he stands, how he gets pissed if I have a figh

Being Married

When you really connect with someone who is going to get married and has a fiance, and he says "if only had we met before", isn't something you just take. I was adviced by more than couple of gay friends and Bi friends who said that Gay relationships are not trust worthy, that you should get married and settled down with a girl. At this juncture in life, marriage is a long way to go, yet, those of you who like you, love you and care for you being married or engaged doesn't give a great feeling about it. Things that I feel when a gay guy gets married. Its a Sham - A couple of guys have approached me that I be their "partner", while they are married. I honestly felt bad for the girl. While she exclusively loves him and waits for him to give her attention, he goes around with guys or a guy, to quench his thirst, sexually or otherwise. Being taken for granted - It feels like that one guy is taking the girl for granted, that she deserves only this and no