Skip to main content

Falling in love with information

I used this as a social experiment, I gave out a profile which was elaborate and it went something like this, and this is something you can see everywhere in your sites, a good looking guy's picture, muscular, "medico", Globetrotter, likes wine and all the fancy things. An elaborate profile, and then if you are patient to read till the end, there is a line that says I am the opposite of all this.

Anyone reading the profile would tick his checklist and would have "love" oozing out. Several several guys had texted me and based on the information that I shared. I have had a guy claim that he is going to get into "Harvard", and then there are many many "medicos", who can't stop saying they are one. As if its a mandate.

Very few end up reading till the end, and I don';t think those who do would ever bother to text. This is not something that I realized just now. When you know that you can fairly attract crowd and you avoid it by having a blank profile, there have been guys who didn't bother to text. The same guy when you share one picture, gets interested in you. The same applies for me. Whether the profile is blank, or with meager information, or fully filled and decorated, the person on the other side is the same. We end up falling for the information about the person, and not the person himself. A real person is beyond a set of credentials.

You fall in love with a person and he is a business tycoon,
who has several debts under his head,
but a multi national company in his name,
which was made by his father while he is just a dummy CEO,
but has a private plane and a yatch,
and he has drinking problems,
spoils you with gifts and trips,
sleeps around with several men,
but claims to love you the most,
and yeah, he wants to get married to a girl someday,
but would give you the same attention as before,
but he can;t take you out in public.

With every given information, the desirability of the man changes. and there are some who are completely okay with this scenario. Now lets test your "love" towards your guy. Think of your latest crush, Would you still love him if...

He is loosing his muscles?
He is loosing his charm?
He lost his job?
He lost his arm?
He lost his fortune?
He went bald?
He lost his sanity?
his memory?
gets married to a women?
cheats on you?
lies to you?
kills a man?
becomes a woman?
loves you less everyday?
didn't love you at all?

At the end of the day, anyone can make you fall in love and out of love, just by the information that comes your way. You might be in denial of any of this, for if I tell you that the guy you love is a player and cheated on several guys, there is always a part of you that would give a benefit of the doubt. And that is why you never really "love" the person, you love just the "information" or the "idea" of the person. When the illusion shatters, your feelings would change. We are after all, human!

But now, the illusion of love and forever doesn't bother me. "I love you for the information I have about you, at this point in time", I would fall out of it, or not be fond of you any other day. I don't know if I am capable of loving someone unconditionally, such miracle has truly not happened to me until now. But, I can commit to someone, until one day an information about you makes me want to fall out of the commitment. The same would apply to you too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a time

It's been so long since I wrote. But then when I see people read my blog, and say how much they relate. It compels me to write more. I thought that I don't have much to write anymore. Same old issues, same old stories. I even didn't want to write thinking that the issues I mentioned would probably dilute the matter with too many posts. But then I write today because something recently struck me hard. A conversation with a love interest who is looking for a partner, realized that I talked a lot about my previous love .Which I didn't know was so obvious. But I clearly didn't move on. After may be discussing for a whole hour, he asked if I am looking for a lover or a partner? Because you don't have much time until you spend time loving someone who may never be your partner. That's when I realized that I for all these years, haven't had a proper romance, and I am already out of that age. I am old enough to settle down and look for a partner, instead of

Being Married

When you really connect with someone who is going to get married and has a fiance, and he says "if only had we met before", isn't something you just take. I was adviced by more than couple of gay friends and Bi friends who said that Gay relationships are not trust worthy, that you should get married and settled down with a girl. At this juncture in life, marriage is a long way to go, yet, those of you who like you, love you and care for you being married or engaged doesn't give a great feeling about it. Things that I feel when a gay guy gets married. Its a Sham - A couple of guys have approached me that I be their "partner", while they are married. I honestly felt bad for the girl. While she exclusively loves him and waits for him to give her attention, he goes around with guys or a guy, to quench his thirst, sexually or otherwise. Being taken for granted - It feels like that one guy is taking the girl for granted, that she deserves only this and no

Walk of Shame

usually walk of shame happens when you have had sex with a total stranger, and you just regret to have done that while getting back home in the morning. But, to me it was different. Some few months back, I met this guy, he was really smart. well behaved and very talented. Mind you, I didn't meet him on any apps, but for work. Everytime he comes to work, he gives special attention to me, while other men "see", he "watches" me. While other man just touch, he "feels" me. He used to openly make it clear that he is there to see me and me only. I used to feel so special. But I never had the guts to reciprocate. Partly because the reputation he has for being a player. he is extremely smart, very soft spoken and has that charm. Girls fall for him so easy. I used act like I don't like him, but all my peers started noticing the attention I get from him. He talks only to me, the way he looks at me, how closely he stands, how he gets pissed if I have a figh