Skip to main content

Coming out Vs Closeted

I am closeted. Mainly because I see that those who have come out don't lead a life that is the best. I see them single, and hoping as much as the closeted. The ones who have come out have also been subjected to a lot of criticisms that I wouldn't want to face. At least alone. More than anything, to be part of a community, that is superficially welcoming, independently nice, yet collectively discouraging. The nice ones wants to sleep with you, those who sleep with you and like it want to marry you, those who don't will push you away( due to numerous rejections) and those who don't like you don't bother you. I might be in the same way, dealing with people. When you are nice for the sake of it, they take you as a romantic interest. and when you don't reciprocate, the curse and leave.

The paradoxes don't end. The straight life, although, you feel alienated at times isn't as bad as the crass and lonely life of an open gay man. The monogamous relationships don't last, the open relationships seem false, there are very few ideal couples to look upto. Those that are seemingly ideal are not in the open (mostly), they closet the relationship and live peacefully. Those ideal open couples evidently break up or don't stay "Till death apart". There is nothing in the society, friends or own values that hold them together.

More than anything, keeping the fact that being gay is an abomination, we search for some to over compensate the lag, hence even the perfect is not perfect enough. We grow, we develop, we become too high brow for those below us, and ye we look for someone above, who would compliment us, but they look for someone better, because they need to compensate their lack with another man better or equal. The Equals end up looking for better, becoming competitions for each. More paradoxes. Solution?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a time

It's been so long since I wrote. But then when I see people read my blog, and say how much they relate. It compels me to write more. I thought that I don't have much to write anymore. Same old issues, same old stories. I even didn't want to write thinking that the issues I mentioned would probably dilute the matter with too many posts. But then I write today because something recently struck me hard. A conversation with a love interest who is looking for a partner, realized that I talked a lot about my previous love .Which I didn't know was so obvious. But I clearly didn't move on. After may be discussing for a whole hour, he asked if I am looking for a lover or a partner? Because you don't have much time until you spend time loving someone who may never be your partner. That's when I realized that I for all these years, haven't had a proper romance, and I am already out of that age. I am old enough to settle down and look for a partner, instead of

Walk of Shame

usually walk of shame happens when you have had sex with a total stranger, and you just regret to have done that while getting back home in the morning. But, to me it was different. Some few months back, I met this guy, he was really smart. well behaved and very talented. Mind you, I didn't meet him on any apps, but for work. Everytime he comes to work, he gives special attention to me, while other men "see", he "watches" me. While other man just touch, he "feels" me. He used to openly make it clear that he is there to see me and me only. I used to feel so special. But I never had the guts to reciprocate. Partly because the reputation he has for being a player. he is extremely smart, very soft spoken and has that charm. Girls fall for him so easy. I used act like I don't like him, but all my peers started noticing the attention I get from him. He talks only to me, the way he looks at me, how closely he stands, how he gets pissed if I have a figh

Shallow Shallow world

I must say that I honestly got into fitness because I got rejected from them all when I was young. How much ever I believed in love, I realized that at the end of the day in the gay world looks speak volume. From a fat ugly potato I trained. From a nerdy guy that I was I got into modelling. It was just recently that for a show I had to wear a loosely clad dhoti,and all those guys who used to  ignore me, especially this one accountant guy, who travels a lot, he and I used to text initially and then he seemed to be busy with all the other guys. Just after this, he starts to text and tell me that he is keen to meet. Well, not just him, there were many others who seemed to be behind, showing more interest. I remember how I kinda rejected to go behind these men who seem to be "hot" but extremely shallow, I wanted someone who would enjoy my company for who I am. Who would listen to what I think of the world, who would know my likes and dislikes. Who would want to spend time wi