Skip to main content

Intimacy

Intimacy is the opposite of loneliness. The reason why gay men feel lonely with the world is a simple reason. They can't be themselves in front of others. Lonely are not the people who are with a lot of people around, but who can keep the most secrets from those around them. Our sexuality is a huge secret. The double life. The cheating, the lies.

Dobby, I knew was extremely lonely, and he kept running behind men after men, hiding about each other, flirting and putting up a facade. The more men he approached, the more he felt lonely. Once I had asked him to let go of them and be by himself. Sometimes, being by yourself is the most horrible feeling. When you face the inner demons. But, once you realize who you are, and confide in one person who loves you the most (more than someone you love), you suddenly feel light, you wouldn't need a lot of men in your life. You get closure.

SDev on the other hand, was enjoying the "free world" of the Gay fraternity. But, The double life had wrecked him more than he knew. When you lie to the world about your identity, and lie to your loved ones about your life, there is a gap in intimacy. For when I open up about my life to all of you, I feel a deep sense of belonging. May be I'll write my confessions and take in the wrath. But it would free me from the burdens that I carry. I prefer blunt and crass men over the nice and shiny.

Kel, had also hid a lot from me, and I have hidden a few things from him. May be because we thought we were not ready to open up. But when real intimacy comes up, when you lay your sins out in the open for the world and trust it, the intimacy you get is beyond everything else. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of a time

It's been so long since I wrote. But then when I see people read my blog, and say how much they relate. It compels me to write more. I thought that I don't have much to write anymore. Same old issues, same old stories. I even didn't want to write thinking that the issues I mentioned would probably dilute the matter with too many posts. But then I write today because something recently struck me hard. A conversation with a love interest who is looking for a partner, realized that I talked a lot about my previous love .Which I didn't know was so obvious. But I clearly didn't move on. After may be discussing for a whole hour, he asked if I am looking for a lover or a partner? Because you don't have much time until you spend time loving someone who may never be your partner. That's when I realized that I for all these years, haven't had a proper romance, and I am already out of that age. I am old enough to settle down and look for a partner, instead of

Walk of Shame

usually walk of shame happens when you have had sex with a total stranger, and you just regret to have done that while getting back home in the morning. But, to me it was different. Some few months back, I met this guy, he was really smart. well behaved and very talented. Mind you, I didn't meet him on any apps, but for work. Everytime he comes to work, he gives special attention to me, while other men "see", he "watches" me. While other man just touch, he "feels" me. He used to openly make it clear that he is there to see me and me only. I used to feel so special. But I never had the guts to reciprocate. Partly because the reputation he has for being a player. he is extremely smart, very soft spoken and has that charm. Girls fall for him so easy. I used act like I don't like him, but all my peers started noticing the attention I get from him. He talks only to me, the way he looks at me, how closely he stands, how he gets pissed if I have a figh

Being Married

When you really connect with someone who is going to get married and has a fiance, and he says "if only had we met before", isn't something you just take. I was adviced by more than couple of gay friends and Bi friends who said that Gay relationships are not trust worthy, that you should get married and settled down with a girl. At this juncture in life, marriage is a long way to go, yet, those of you who like you, love you and care for you being married or engaged doesn't give a great feeling about it. Things that I feel when a gay guy gets married. Its a Sham - A couple of guys have approached me that I be their "partner", while they are married. I honestly felt bad for the girl. While she exclusively loves him and waits for him to give her attention, he goes around with guys or a guy, to quench his thirst, sexually or otherwise. Being taken for granted - It feels like that one guy is taking the girl for granted, that she deserves only this and no